What is the Conduit Reporters programme?
We are looking for 12 talented students to form the first cohort of The Conduit Reporters Programme. Over the course of a year, you’ll be given access to The Conduit’s home in Covent Garden, you’ll meet our community of changemakers, and you’ll attend some of our events featuring illustrious speakers from around the world. You’ll then use this unique opportunity to tell the world about the stories and issues that matter to our community and that you’re passionate about too. We’ll set up training from top media professionals and provide you with a platform to showcase your talent as a reporter to wider audiences. Applications are open from 25th April, so check the eligibility criteria and apply now.
What will you be expected to do?
The programme will last a year, so we’re looking for students who can commit for the full twelve months, starting in August 2022. Over the course of the year, you’ll be expected to:
- Produce 10 original articles, including one collaborative piece with another member of the cohort
- Attend some events at the Conduit and produce content based on the key takeaways
- Engage with the Conduit community and pitch new ideas to the editor
- Attend four networking or training workshops hosted by leading media professionals
- Adhere to the code of conduct required of all our members
What will you get from participating?
Being selected on this programme will give you access to the following:
- Free full membership to The Conduit for a year (worth £1,050), plus access to a range of member benefits and discounts
- Four exclusive training workshops or networking sessions with prominent media professionals
- Access to our community of changemakers, and opportunities to develop long-term relationships with them
- Priority access to events you’re assigned to
- A broader perspective of current and emergent themes, building your awareness of themes and trends relevant to your future career
Who are we looking for?
To be eligible for this programme, you must be:
- A full-time or part-time student enrolled on a UK higher education course for the 2022/23 academic year
- A fluent English speaker and writer
- Able to attend events intermittently in-person at our Covent Garden home
- Interested in pursuing a career in media or journalism, or a field relevant to our core themes
We are committing to selecting a cohort that reflects the diversity of London. We are also looking to select participants whose interests reflect one or more of our eight core themes. They are:
- Arts & Culture
- Climate Action & A Sustainable Future
- Education, Learning & Development
- Employment & Economic Opportunity
- Gender & Sexual Equity
- Health, Nutrition, & Wellbeing
- Peace & Justice
- Racial Equity
Applications open from 25th April, and are being accepted on a rolling basis, with application received before 24th May being prioritised. Applications will be assessed based on their quality and the motivation, and we will notify all applicants of their outcomes by the end of June. We expect to run an in-person onboarding session in August, with the programme due to start that month. This timeline, however, is subject to change.
If you have any queries about the programme or application process, please contact email@example.com